Lily of the Valley, in honor of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.
Watercolor and acrylic on Arches 140 lb. Cold pressed paper. 30-Day Creative Gathering. This is now available in my Society6 shop.
I found myself behind, working on my Spoonflower challenge entry. These next four were done in one sitting. Painted, and then digitally collaged. I wasn’t very happy with them in the beginning, but they have grown on me. I did enjoy the process. They have received wonderful compliments within the gathering. It always helps to “see” through the eyes of others. 🙂
So hard to believe we are already at the halfway marker. I am thoroughly enjoying this round. I have finally reached the point, where I am not stressing myself over the outcome. I really tried to get ahead, because I knew I was going to be busy designing as well. But catching up from behind, that’s not so bad. 😉
Thanks so much for following along. Your interest is a blessing! 🙏
The 30-Day Creative Gathering is in it’s second week. We have welcomed about a dozen new members. Hooray!
I have been working mostly in collage. The first three are collage, with acrylics, & watercolor. I started by prepping several pieces, building layers of pattern. I cut out vase shapes and placed them, then added paint and sometimes, more collage.
For day three, I also added “digital collage”. The original has collage, gauze, and painted pattern in the sky. I added the trees, the circle and the quote, in the computer. Below is the view that inspired this piece.
Day four I shared part of a pattern I am working on. I missed the challenge deadline, lost a day to an appointment in Phoenix. I will complete the pattern, though it may have to wait until next month. This is the bottom layer, there will be a floral layered on top. Time away also made me behind in painting for the gathering.
Back to collage on day 5. I was not sure about the “empty” space to the right of the vase. The pattern, and a stippled layer on top, did not work as I had hoped. I posed the question to the group. Eileen Vivell made some suggestions that got me thinking.
The changes were made digitally, the original remains untouched. I added a bit of definition to the pattern at the bottom left. I copied a leaf and placed it next to the vase. I didn’t like how the leaf pattern had been cut off. Eileen thought the lettering looked squashed. So I added more, filling the width of the piece. I do like this version better. What do you think?
Watercolor, acrylics, gouache, digital marks. I started with layers of pattern using Inktense pencil, acrylics, stencils and a texture sheet. After painting the blooms and vase, It was boring. It needed more but I didn’t know what. It sat for two days.
I pulled out my digital pen (laptop), and drew swirls over the blooms. 3 layers, one for each color. (I needed a fourth layer, where the two darker blooms overlap on the right.) I drew complete swirls over each bloom, and had to erase areas where blooms overlapped.
At the end I copied and pasted a bloom to the top right, to fill a hole. But it further emphasized a line I am not happy with it. I had fun though, and I am calling it done.
We’ve had two days of glorious spotty rain. Reports say it will continue all week. Fingers crossed.
Artistic creativity is a whirlpool of imagination that swirls in the depths of the mind. Robert Toth
Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul. Jonathan Lockwood Huie