Watercolor, acrylics, gouache, digital marks. I started with layers of pattern using Inktense pencil, acrylics, stencils and a texture sheet. After painting the blooms and vase, It was boring. It needed more but I didn’t know what. It sat for two days.
I pulled out my digital pen (laptop), and drew swirls over the blooms. 3 layers, one for each color. (I needed a fourth layer, where the two darker blooms overlap on the right.) I drew complete swirls over each bloom, and had to erase areas where blooms overlapped.
At the end I copied and pasted a bloom to the top right, to fill a hole. But it further emphasized a line I am not happy with it. I had fun though, and I am calling it done.
We’ve had two days of glorious spotty rain. Reports say it will continue all week.