Ranunculus and Carnations. At least that is what I have been told. While I was painting, I was hoping that the magenta blooms would vaguely resemble something that was real. Haha. Gotta have friends to tell you what kind of real. Thank you Nelvia and Katie! Whew! I was inspired in part by Laurelle Cidoncha, Karin Naylor, and Carla Sonheim. Thank you all for always inspiring creativity!
I had fun painting the whatever-they-are Carnations. I painted the background first, so I had to add a layer of white for the blooms to sit on. I didn’t think to do that for the yellow. Next time.
I was really in the zone. I didn’t realize I was painting the pointy shapes. I got lost in the repetition, and before I knew it, they were done. I mixed areas of thick paint and thinned color. I’m really happy with them.
This painting was a disaster. The original is a mess. Thank goodness for Photoshop! Haha. I have noticed on several sheets of the paper, that there are score marks. Or slices on the front of the sheet. So far it had not been a problem, the color and placement hid it from view.
But on this piece, there were three distinct marks in the sky. I also slipped while doing the umber splatter, and a few huge spots landed in the sky area. (Yeah, you are right. I should mask it off with paper.) Easy to remove with the Clone tool.
I had fun with this. And while I think it could be better, I am happy with the result. I keep trying to get back to the looseness of the first I did of these “wildflower fields”. This one is much closer, and I think it is the best of those I have done this month. I saved the light areas, and I just love the glow of the Green Gold here.
We are winding down the challenge. I am amazed I have been able to stick with it.
Grateful for your cheerful support 🙂