Can you believe it? Thursday is the last day of #The100DayProject! I have to say, it has gone by fast. Due I am sure, to having so many distractions.
I was inspired again by the rain today. First Mingus disappeared, then the front range. Then they merged into one. A little lightening, and some small hail. We had two brief rain spurts. One in the morning, and then again in early evening. Also inspired by the O’Keeffe Postcard on my wall.
I would have liked more definition between the two ranges. I used a purple (Crimson Alizarin and Ultramarine) infused indigo for the front range. The red only shows in a couple of areas. But all is well. What happened in life, also happened on paper. One range in view. I also used a Le Pen. They are water soluble. Maybe that is the wrong term. I learned about these from Yevgenia Watts. Love her work, and love how she uses these pens.
I have updated the #100DaysOfMingus gallery. I organized it by month. So if you choose to view a slideshow, it will not be an all day investment.
I am going to tell you that I did some coneflower studies in preparation for this painting. Truth is I botched the very first one, bottom left below. No use in wasting paper. Practice, practice. There is a link to this technique on my Pinterest Art Education Board. (For some reason, when I try to link to the pin, it brings up a search page.) I also goofed the stems in #8. I kept painting until they were barely visible. Ha ha ha .
#9 was going really well. Until I finished. Only then did I realize I forgot the stems completely. I went back in and added them, but I think they could still use some work. A bit wonky.
Wishing you a terrific Tuesday!