Just. Three. More. Days. WOW! This challenge went by fast. And I think it was the group of people that participated. The group dynamic as a whole. The conversations.
With Leslie’s challenge, I would make a point to visit artists blogs. But that was a one-sided conversation. With friends, I may have checked back to read their response, but most often there just wasn’t time for that. It feels like there has been abundant interaction within the group. I think that’s great!
I was interrupted a couple of times while I was working on this piece. There are some things I would have done differently. I was loose in the beginning. But the paint dried, and it became too detailed. Done for now, and moving on. It was good practice!
Ranunculus and Carnations. At least that is what I have been told. While I was painting, I was hoping that the magenta blooms would vaguely resemble something that was real. Haha. Gotta have friends to tell you what kind of real. Thank you Nelvia and Katie! Whew! I was inspired in part by Laurelle Cidoncha, Karin Naylor, and Carla Sonheim. Thank you all for always inspiring creativity!
I had fun painting the whatever-they-are Carnations. I painted the background first, so I had to add a layer of white for the blooms to sit on. I didn’t think to do that for the yellow. Next time.
I was really in the zone. I didn’t realize I was painting the pointy shapes. I got lost in the repetition, and before I knew it, they were done. I mixed areas of thick paint and thinned color. I’m really happy with them.
This painting was a disaster. The original is a mess. Thank goodness for Photoshop! Haha. I have noticed on several sheets of the paper, that there are score marks. Or slices on the front of the sheet. So far it had not been a problem, the color and placement hid it from view.
But on this piece, there were three distinct marks in the sky. I also slipped while doing the umber splatter, and a few huge spots landed in the sky area. (Yeah, you are right. I should mask it off with paper.) Easy to remove with the Clone tool.
I had fun with this. And while I think it could be better, I am happy with the result. I keep trying to get back to the looseness of the first I did of these “wildflower fields”. This one is much closer, and I think it is the best of those I have done this month. I saved the light areas, and I just love the glow of the Green Gold here.
We are winding down the challenge. I am amazed I have been able to stick with it. Wooo Whoo! Grateful for your cheerful support 🙂