It works. It’s a working, repeating pattern. It’s not one of my favorites though. I know what I need to do to fix it. I was tempted not to turn it in. But I read a reminder… done is better than perfect. Actually, I came across that quote by two different artists this week.
So I entered it in the Spoonflower Eclectic Witch Challenge. I can always go back and update the design. And I am very happy with the simple, slightly off kilter plaid. I can use that as a base in other designs, and I can recolor it.
I took the basic shape of a witches hat, and a face. I thought of adding shapes for a face. Simple circles or lines. Tried it, and decided to stay more abstract. I meant to add a secondary bloom, slightly smaller. But after I made the Dandelion, sizing it down lost some of the detail. I’m not happy with both of the “blooms” being roughly the same size.
The collection shows the parts of this design. I started with a solid, added the plaid, added the dandi’s, and finished with the wandflowers. There is an actual wandflower, and the colors are sort of the same. A fluke. I was looking for flower names after I had completed the design. Kismet. 😆
Voting is open now until the 23rd. I already have a handful of favorite votes, so maybe it is not as icky as I think. The next challenge is going to be very difficult. “Granny Square Crochet”. More learning ahead!
Pink Posy placed at 492 out of 1433 entries with 49 votes. Woo Whoo! Haha. 🙂 My thanks and hugs to all who voted. Thank you! 😍