I had fun with this. I managed to finish two pieces. I will be offline until late evening, now I won’t have to rush when I get home. For the leaf, I did the veins in a lavender. But it isn’t reading well. Same value, duh. So I added the black digitally. I will go back and add the detail to the painting later.
The white is layers of a warm white, and a true white, and pale peach. Beneath all that is layers of shiraz, blue and green.
The vase has a layer of diluted white, some rust, diluted sea green, and white crayon. The pen skipped in two places, so I added the same marks on the opposite side. All this over sheet music.
Happy creating to you!
Day 11 woke up on the wrong side of the bed. It started off as a mishmash I thought was better in the trash. The background was three different colors, applied with a palette knife. Pure yuck. I painted the flowers next, with the influence of Bob Burridge. I failed miserably. I do not have a focal point in the bouquet. The arrangement is to blah.
I cut the vase out of a Shubert sheet of music. That was exciting. Should have been. But the acrylic that was meant to tint it, wound up covering most of it up. I decided to use watercolor over that. Dumb idea. It just puddled on the acrylic. It took painting over and over, using very thick watercolor. As it was drying, I took a tissue and blotted most of it off. Left a nice texture. In person, you can see more of the music notes.
I was still looking at an ugly background. I picked a color, and just covered it all up. Nice and clean. And not ugly. But man, was it plain. So I grabbed a texture sheet and added some ugly grey I had mixed. Hideous Grey. But it is a nice neutral here. Ha ha ha.
I will come back and rework this. Fix the lackluster flowers. And I will redo the line textures. I think the one to the right of the vase comes too far in from the edge. And I think two would have been enough. Maybe opposite corners, but not along the bottom.
Thoughts that I will continue to consider. This weekend I may have time to rework it.