I added a layer of crackle paint just on the foreground. The minute I did I realized “DUH” it is going to ruin the watercolor. Crackle is really meant for acrylic paint. But I was careful. I brushed each area only once. And in one direction, not back and forth. I still did not get it on thick enough in most places. Maybe that is because it is over watercolor instead of acrylics.
You can see that in one section I did get a nice amount of cracking. There is also cracking on the right hand corner, it is just not visible because I used the same color of paint on top and bottom. Hmmm… for next time. Two tone bottom, two-tone over the crackle. Interesting.
I really like how old the table looks now.
I forgot to mention, I decided on the bookmark below. Mostly because I was a dork and forgot to add the bleed when I cut the paper. When I tried to re-size the most popular bookmark, too much was lost. So I lucked out that the one I cut too big, turned out great. I will keep you posted on that.