Eight PM and I am just now finishing my painting for today. This is the second attempt.The first one I started by simply dripping and spreading paint. Just making marks, and layering some color.
A lot of interesting little shapes came out of the splotches, and that is one thing that is missing from the work I am showing you. I completely overworked the first piece. It did not scan well, and I should have left it alone, but I tried to make it better… and botched it.
This may need more work. I was thinking of adding some pastel seaweed in front of one or two of the fishes. And maybe some larger yellow spots. I am happy with this, the magenta does not stand out quite so much in person. There is a bit of blue over those areas, and it tones them down. In the first work, the blues were looking neon bright in areas, and now it is the magenta and yellows.
I used a watery metallic copper over some of the fish. On the others I used a thinned pearl mixed with turquoise or blue. You can see the reflection here. The letters are chipboard. I think that is what they are called. One of the fish looks as if he is upside down, but of course you know, that is his camouflage in a hostile environment!
Leave it to me to do my largest piece on the busiest day. And then to have to do it twice. One more day in the challenge. Not sure yet what I will paint, but I know it will be smaller.
Have a great evening everyone!